Monday, August 27, 2007

Day Three...Froggie worries

One of the hazards of being a new owner is the inevitable mistakes you make with your first aquarium. I must be doing something wrong because my frogs are not eating. I've used the fish flakes as recommended, but they just don't seem interested in them. They were already pretty thin to start with and I'm worried about their not eating. I've started looking things up on the Internet and it turns out the walmart paperwork was wrong...these guys don't like fish flakes or any kind of floating food. I'm gonna hafta see what else I can get them. At least being hungry hasn't stopped their antics at all...the amble around the bottom, swim up top for air and usually come back down by tackling the other one. Their tendency to freeze whatever they are doing and float motionlessly is a little enduring as well.

The shrimp mostly ignore the frogs and wait patiently for feeding time, wheresabout they all leap up in the water and start grabbing the biggest flake they can. The bigger one seems to always find a flake almost as big as he is..despite my attempts to crush the flakes up first.

No comments: